Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whole Wheat Waffles


Whole Wheat Waffles

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix ingredients and bake in waffle iron.  Top with yogurt, syrup or berries of choice.

**Many people over mix quick breads and end up with a bad result.  The trick to quick breads is minimum stirring/mixing.  It's okay to have a few clumps of flour in the mix.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We eat these a lot for dinner and breakfast.  My boys would eat these waffles for every meal if I let them.  I put the leftovers (make sure you do not butter them) in a freezer zip lock bag and toast them in the toaster for my kids.

6 comments:

Gina said...

yum! too bad i'm on a gluten free diet right now. HA!
those look so good. :)

Herbert Family said...

Would this recipe work for pancakes? I dont have a waffle iron. My kids are in to pankcakes right now and would love to get them eating whole wheat ones

Alayne said...

You go girl!!! This blog is awesome! I can't wait to start trying some recipes. Your pictures look great too!!!

Jenna said...

we are definitely waffle people!

Unknown said...

made these. LOVED THEM!!!

Cooper Squared said...

Just made these. Kelton loved them.