Friday, January 15, 2010

Heath Bar Cookies




Heath Bar Cookies
Inspired by Cristie Taylor
1 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips (I use half milk and half dark)
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup chopped almonds

Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk.
Gradually add flour.
Spread onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.
Remove from oven.
Place chocolate chips over hot dough.
When melted, spread gently, then sprinkle with nuts.
Cut while warm. Makes 6 dozen.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is a quick and easy dessert to throw together at the last minute when you are craving something with chocolate. Trust me, I have eaten a whole row of these today and I am in my exercise clothes...and STILL haven't worked out yet. Either way, you need to make these as soon as possible to know what I am talking about.


**Side note**
I only added nuts to half of my pan since some of my family members are not too fond of nuts. Instead of chocolate chips, you could use 6-7 large chocolate Hershey bars.

Chocolate chips spread over the hot crust.



Melted chocolate chips.



Chopped almonds.



The first square I ate today...and definitely not the last.




1 comment:

Kate said...

Came from your sisters blog!
Happy Birthday and I am totally stealing this recipe!
And maybe a few others too :)