Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grace's Banana Bread


Grace's Banana Bread
from Favorites


5 large ripe bananas
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

In mixing bowl, beat eggs; add bananas until smooth.  Add shortening and sugar and mix well.  Add flour, soda, and salt and combine.  Pour into 3 greased (8"x4") loaf pans and bake at 300 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes, or into 2 greased large (9"x5") loaf pans for 75 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.

{cooks note}

I love this banana bread recipe.  I like to use my mini loaf pans to bake them in. They make great little treats for neighbors and friends.  My kids love this stuff...especially when I make a simple powdered sugar frosting to drizzle over each piece.  Highly addictive I tell you.  I prefer my banana bread with walnuts, but my kids do not.  I make two with nuts and two without.  Stay tuned over the next few months for a more health conscious recipe that is just as good.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I made this in mini muffins. They were very good. Thanks!

Krista said...

Oh my goodness. I love this recipe. I just have to say that I truly rejoiced when you started posting again.