Thursday, February 17, 2011

Almond Granola


Almond Granola
from Keeping Up


1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, honey, oil, salt, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.  Fold in oats and almonds.  Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.  Still well, then bake another 10 more minutes, or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven and stir again.  Cool completely and store in a covered container.

{cooks note}


I was a bit skeptical of this recipe, only because I am not a huge fan of almond extract.  Plus I really like this recipe.  I gave it a shot and I am so glad I did.  It's really tasty and will make a great addition to our breakfast line-up.  I added 1/2 a teaspoon of almond extract instead of the 1 teaspoon it calls for.  It has a hint of almond flavor...just what I was going for.

No comments: